For over 25 years, Assessment Update, an award-winning bi-monthly publication from Wiley/Jossey-Bass, has kept the field abreast of the latest trends and best practices in assessing higher education.
Assessment Update is dedicated to covering the latest developments in the rapidly evolving area of higher education assessment.
Assessment Update offers all academic leaders up-to-date information and practical advice on conducting assessments in a range of areas, including student learning and outcomes, faculty instruction, academic programs and curricula, student services, and overall institutional functioning.
Only Assessment Update keeps you at the leading edge of:
- evaluating learning communities
- performance indicators
- assessing student engagement
- using electronic portfolios
- standardized testing
- and more
Assessment Update is a bimonthly newsletter available in print or electronic format. For more information on subscribing, please click HERE or contact
Wiley/Jossey-Bass customer service team at 888-378-2537.
- Executive Editor: Stephen P. Hundley, IUPUI
- Associate Editor: Susan Kahn, IUPUI
- Assistant Editor: A. Katherine Busby, The University of Mississippi
- Consulting Editors: Assessment experts representing various fields
Call for Contributions
The editor welcomes short articles and news items for Assessment Update. Guidelines follow for those who would like to contribute articles on outcome assessment in higher education:
- Content: Please send an account of your experience with assessment in higher education. Include concrete examples of practice and results.
- Audience: Assessment Update readers are academic administrators, campus assessment practitioners, institutional researchers, and faculty from a variety of fields. All types of institutions are represented in the readership.
- Style: A report, essay, news story, or letter to the editor is welcome. Limited references can be printed; however, extensive tables cannot be included.
- Format: Articles may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Microsoft Word attachment. Please include your complete postal mailing address.
- Length: 1,000–2,000 words.
- Copyright: Articles shall not have been registered for copyright or published elsewhere prior to publication in Assessment Update.
- Deadlines: Each issue is typically planned four months before its publication.
For more, please go to www.assessmentupdate.com or contact the Assessment Update editor at email@example.com.
Mailing Address for Contributions
Stephen P. Hundley, Executive Editor
301 University Blvd.
Suite 4049 University Hall
Indianapolis, IN 46202