Materials Needed to Submit a Proposal
Call for Proposal Submission Guidelines:
All proposals and edits to previously completed proposals must be submitted online no later than 11:59 PM on Friday, March 8, 2019.
You can submit multiple proposals, but due to limited space not all proposals can be accepted.
The coordinating/main presenter will receive a confirmation email confirming that the proposal was successfully submitted.
Preference will be given in the selection process to those proposals that include information about assessment findings and their use to improve student learning and/or institutional processes or services.
If your proposal is accepted for a presentation at the Institute, presenters and co-presenters are expected to pay registration fees and will need to register for the Institute via the Institute website.
Status of proposal notifications will be sent via email to the coordinating/main presenter listed on the proposal prior to June 1, 2019.
Special Session Topics:
In addition to the general session topics that follow, we will feature special plenary sessions and workshops emphasizing assessment in:
- Community Engagement – Coordinators: Kristin Norris, IUPUI; and H. Anne Weiss, IUPUI and Indiana Campus Compact
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion – Coordinators: Michele J. Hansen and Corinne C. Renguette, IUPUI
- ePortfolios – Coordinator: Susan Kahn, IUPUI
- Faculty Development – Coordinators: Megan Palmer and Krista Hoffmann-Longtin, IUPUI
- Global Learning – Coordinators: Gil Latz and Leslie Bozeman, IUPUI; Dawn Whitehead, Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U); and Darla Deardorff, Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA)
- Graduate/Graduate Professional Education – Coordinators: Sherry Jimenez and Mary Bolton, Lincoln Memorial University-Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine; Sarah Zahl, Marian University; and Max Huffman, IUPUI
- High Impact Practices (First-Year Seminars and Experiences, Learning Communities, Service Learning, Capstones, Undergraduate Research, Internships, etc.) – Coordinators: Tom Hahn, Amy Powell, and Jennifer Thorington-Springer, IUPUI
- Learning Improvement and Innovation – Coordinators: Jay Gladden, IUPUI; and Keston Fulcher, James Madison University
- STEM Education – Coordinator: Anthony Chase, IUPUI
- Student Affairs Programs and Services – Coordinator: Sonia Ninon, IUPUI
General Session Topics:
In addition to the special sessions above, we will present sessions with national assessment leaders, a poster session, 20-Minute Rise-and-Shine sessions, and additional learning and networking opportunities emphasizing:
For more information contact the Planning Committee at:
- Assessment in General Education
- Assessment in All Major Fields
- Assessment Methods
- Assessment in Community Colleges
- Assessment in Online Courses and Programs
- Competency-Based Education and Assessment
- Emerging Trends in Assessment
- Institution-Wide Data Collection/Use
- Leadership in Assessment
- Learning Improvement and Innovation
- Use of Technologies in Assessment
Phone: (317) 274-4111