2020 Information for Presenters
VIRTUAL ASSESSMENT INSTITUTE DATES
Sunday, October 25, 2020, Pre-Institute Workshops
Monday, October 26—Wednesday, October 28, 2020, Plenary, Keynote, and Concurrent Sessions
View the virtual schedule overview here.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS AND RESOURCES
- Concurrent Session Presenter Instructions
- Concurrent Session Moderator Instructions
- Assessment Institute Recording Release Printable Form
- Assessment Institute Recording Release Digital Signature Form
- Assessment Institute Presenter and Moderator Information Session Presentation
- Assessment Institute Webinar Information Session for Concurrent Presenters and Moderators - Recording from September 25, 2020
- About schedule, release forms, handouts, and registration, contact:
- About sponsorship opportunities and to sign-up for small group consultation sessions on using Zoom Webinar:
- About other matters concerning the Assessment Institute:
Stephen P. Hundley
We are pleased that you will be presenting a session at the 2020 Assessment Institute, to be delivered via Zoom Webinar from your location. We know that your session will help make this virtual Institute a success, and we look forward to your participation.
Concurrent sessions will be offered via a Zoom Webinar platform and will accommodate up to 500 participants per session; therefore, please plan your session accordingly.
Important Note: Presenters and Moderators will receive a computer generated Zoom Webinar email invitation to be a Panelist for each session you are scheduled to present. In each email, you will find a UNIQUE LINK that you will need to use to log into your session. We strongly suggest adding all Panelist invitations to your Outlook calendar. DO NOT use the link provided to all attendees, as Presenters and Moderators will receive a UNIQUE LINK to access their session.
Presenter(s) should identify and assign a Moderator for their session. The Moderator should not be a member of your presentation team, but a colleague with whom you would feel comfortable serving as your Moderator. Please also have your Moderator submit a complimentary Institute registration at https://assessmentinstitute.iupui.edu/. If you are not able to identify a Moderator, please let us know and we will do our best to assign an IUPUI colleague to your session.
Moderator responsibilities for the concurrent sessions are as follows:
- Presenter(s) and Moderator should connect with each other prior to the Institute to discuss the organization and flow of the session, including specific requests Presenter(s) have of their Moderator;
- The Moderator will log into the assigned session(s) at the scheduled date/time in practice mode to practice with you before the Webinar goes live;
- Once the session is live, the Moderator will introduce the Presenter(s) and keep the session on-time;
- The Moderator should alert Institute organizers to any challenges or difficulties experienced during the session;
- The Moderator should help Presenter(s) by moderating questions audience members may ask, noting that in some cases there may be several hundred attendees in a given session; and
- The Moderator should ensure that Presenter(s) end the session on time.
Please refer to the Presenter Instructions and Moderator Instructions for more specific step-by-step details for both roles.
All sessions for the Assessment Institute will be recorded for later viewing. Please sign and return the Assessment Institute Recording Release Form to Angela Bergman at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not receive a signed form from all presenters and moderators, we will not be able to post your recorded session to our website.
ZOOM TUTORIAL FOR PRESENTERS
If you are new to the Zoom Webinar platform and would like to sign-up for a small group consultation session on using Zoom Webinar, please contact Michele Trent at email@example.com. During these small group sessions, she will demonstrate the technical aspects of a Zoom Webinar for individual session presenters and moderators.
We expect several thousand participants to attend the Assessment Institute live or view the recorded sessions after the Institute. To ensure attendees have a positive experience, we suggest that you send your session handouts to be posted to the Assessment Institute website by Monday, October 5, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Institute attendees truly appreciate this service, and we do hope you are willing to share your materials with them. You can inform participants during your session that they can find your materials on the Assessment Institute website at https://assessmentinstitute.iupui.edu/program/handouts.html.
Although the Assessment Institute is being offered free-of-charge this year, we still need all attendees, including Presenters and Moderators, to register. If you have not done so already, you may register online until Monday, October 12, 2020, at https://assessmentinstitute.iupui.edu/registration.