Materials Needed to Submit a Proposal
Call for Proposal Submission Guidelines:
All proposals and edits to previously completed proposals must be submitted online no later than 11:59 PM on Friday, March 20, 2020.
You can submit multiple proposals, but due to limited space not all proposals may be accepted.
The coordinating/main presenter will receive a confirmation email confirming that the proposal was successfully submitted.
Preference will be given in the selection process to those proposals that include information about assessment findings and their use to improve student learning and/or institutional processes or services.
If your proposal is accepted for a presentation at the Institute, presenters and co-presenters are expected to pay registration fees and will need to register for the Institute via the Institute website.
Status of proposal notifications will be sent via email to the coordinating/main presenter listed on the proposal the week of May 25, 2020.
Special Session Topics:
In addition to the general session topics that follow, we will feature special plenary sessions and workshops emphasizing assessment in:
- Community Engagement – Coordinators: Kristin Norris, IUPUI; and H. Anne Weiss, Indiana Campus Compact
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion – Coordinators: Michele J. Hansen and Corinne C. Renguette, IUPUI
- Faculty Development – Coordinators: Kyle Fassett, Krista Hoffmann-Longtin, and Megan Palmer, IUPUI
- Global Learning – Coordinators: Leslie Bozeman and Hilary Kahn, IUPUI; Dawn Whitehead, Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U); and Darla Deardorff, Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA)
- Graduate/Graduate Professional Education – Coordinators: Shawn Boyne, Iowa State University; Jeff Barbee, IUPUI; and Sarah Zahl, Marian University
- HIPs in the States (High-Impact Practices, including ePortfolios) – Coordinators: Jerry Daday, Tom Hahn, Susan Kahn, Amy Powell, and Jennifer Thorington-Springer, IUPUI; Ken O'Donnell, California State University, Dominguez Hills; and Michael Stephenson, Texas A&M University
- Learning Improvement – Coordinator: Keston Fulcher, James Madison University
- STEM Education – Coordinators: Anthony Chase, IUPUI; Nicholas Curtis, Marquette University; and Wayne J. Hilson, Jr., Cornell University
- Student Affairs Programs and Services – Coordinators: Sonia Ninon, Johnny Pryor, Caleb Keith, and Linda Wardhammar, IUPUI
General Session Topics:
In addition to the special sessions above, we will present sessions with national assessment leaders, a poster session, 20-Minute Rise-and-Shine sessions, and additional learning and networking opportunities emphasizing:
For more information contact the Planning Committee at:
- Assessment in Online Courses and Programs
- Assessment Methods
- Community Colleges
- Competency-Based Education and Assessment
- Emerging Trends in Assessment
- General Education
- Institution-Wide Data Collection/Use
- Leadership for Assessment
- Major Fields
- Use of Technologies
Phone: (317) 274-4111