Information for Presenters
VIRTUAL ASSESSMENT INSTITUTE DATES
Sunday, October 24, 2021, Pre-Institute Workshops
Monday, October 25—Wednesday, October 27, 2021, Plenary, Keynote, and Concurrent Sessions
View the virtual schedule overview here.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS AND RESOURCES
- Presenter Instructions
- Institute Organizer and Moderator Instructions
- Tips for Engagement in Zoom Webinars
- Assessment Institute Recording Release Printable Form
- Assessment Institute Recording Release Digital Signature Form
- Assessment Institute Webinar Information Session for Concurrent Presenters and Moderators - Presentation
- Assessment Institute Webinar Information Session for Concurrent Presenters and Moderators - Recording from September 1, 2021 | Chat
- About schedule, release forms, handouts, and registration, contact:
- About sponsorship opportunities and to sign-up for small group consultation sessions on using Zoom Webinar:
- About other matters concerning the Assessment Institute:
Stephen P. Hundley
We are pleased that you will be presenting a session at the 2021 Assessment Institute, to be delivered via Zoom Webinar from your location. We know that your session will help make this virtual Institute a success, and we look forward to your participation.
Concurrent sessions will be offered via a Zoom Webinar platform and will accommodate up to 1,000 participants per session; therefore, please plan your session accordingly.
Important Note: Presenters and Moderators will receive a computer generated Zoom Webinar email invitation to be a Panelist for each session you are scheduled to present. In each email, you will find a UNIQUE LINK that you will need to use to log into your session. We strongly suggest adding all Panelist invitations to your Outlook calendar. DO NOT use the link provided to all attendees, as Presenters and Moderators will receive a UNIQUE LINK to access their session. On the day of your session, it is important that moderators log into the room 15 minutes before the session start time; presenters should log into the room 10 minutes before the session start time.
Each presentation team should have already identified their Moderator for their session. Please send Moderator changes to Angela Bergman at email@example.com; include the Moderator name, institution, and email. Moderators should submit a complimentary Institute registration at https://assessmentinstitute.iupui.edu/.
Moderator responsiblities for the concurrent sessions are as follows:
- Your Moderator will should connect with you throughout September and October to discuss your session and become comfortable working with you;
- The Moderator will log into their assigned session(s) at the scheduled date/time in practice mode to meet with the presenters and the Institute Organizer 15-minutes before the start of the Webinar;
- The Moderator will be responsible for starting the Webinar and keeping the session on-time;
- Once the session has started, the Moderator will check to make sure the session is recording and the closed caption/live transcript is on. If not, they will need to follow the directions in the Moderator Instructions.
- Once the session is live, the Moderator will introduce the presenter(s);
- Alert Institute organizers to any challenges or difficulties experienced during the session;
- Help presenter(s) by moderating questions audience members may ask, noting that in some cases there may be several hundred attendees in a given session; and
- End the session on time.
Please refer to the Presenter Instructions and Moderator Instructions for more specific step-by-step details for both roles.
All sessions for the Assessment Institute will be recorded for later viewing. If you have not already done so, please sign and return the Assessment Institute Recording Release Form to Angela Bergman at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not receive a signed form from all presenters and moderators, we will not be able to post your recorded session to our website.
ZOOM TUTORIAL FOR PRESENTERS
If you are new to the Zoom Webinar platform and would like to sign-up for a small group consultation session on using Zoom Webinar, please contact Michele Trent at email@example.com. During these small group sessions, she will demonstrate the technical aspects of a Zoom Webinar for individual session presenters and moderators.
We expect several thousand participants to attend the Assessment Institute live or view the recorded sessions after the Institute. To ensure attendees have a positive experience, we suggest that you send your session handouts to be posted to the Assessment Institute website by Monday, October 4, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Institute attendees truly appreciate this service, and we do hope you are willing to share your materials with them. You can inform participants during your session that they can find your materials on the Assessment Institute website at https://assessmentinstitute.iupui.edu/program/handouts.html.
Although the Assessment Institute is being offered free-of-charge this year, we still need all attendees, including Presenters and Moderators, to register. If you have not done so already, you may register online until Monday, October 11, 2021, at https://assessmentinstitute.iupui.edu/registration.