Exhibitor Information Sheet
Dates for Sponsors, Exhibitors, and Advertisers:
Institute Dates - October 13 – 15, 2019
Exhibition Dates - October 14 – 15, 2019
Exhibition Hours -
Monday, October 14, 2019, from 7:00 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
Tuesday, October 15, 2019, from 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Exhibitor Set-up - Monday, October 14, 2019, from 6:00 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
Exhibitor Tear-down - Tuesday, October 15, 2019, starting at 2:00 p.m.
Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
350 West Maryland Street
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Marriott Foyer/second floor
About exhibiting, contact:
About registration and payment, contact:
Melissa Kocias, Institute Registrar
- One 10’x10’ carpeted booth with pipe and drape.
- Exhibits are located in the Marriott Foyer on the second floor of Indianapolis Marriott Downtown.
- Exhibit space will be pre-assigned and identified with a placard. The booths will not have booth numbers--only a place card with your company name. The participants will receive a map of the exhibits in their participant folders.
- Each space includes one 6’ x 2’ skirted table and two chairs.
- Break service available during exhibit hours.
- Exhibitors agree to not post, nail, tape, or otherwise attach items to walls, floors or other parts of the building or furniture. Exhibitors are responsible for damages to the hotel if they do not comply with this request.
Arrangements for additional equipment (e.g. easels, extension cords, internet connections, projection screen rental, and computer monitors) must be made no later than September 27, 2019. Please contact Karin Reece at 812.856.5221 or by email at email@example.com to arrange for additional equipment and payment.
Exhibit space will be pre-assigned and identified with a place card. There is no formal mechanism for requesting specific booth locations; the Institute Organizers will work with you on an informal basis to select a location that is acceptable to you.
Direct space requests to: Michele Trent, Conference Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.274.3361
Shipping Display Materials:
- Materials may be shipped via a carrier of your choice. Return shipping must be pre-arranged with carrier.
- All packages being sent to the hotel should include a full return address including the shipper’s name.
- If shipping multiple boxes, in lower left corner, identify boxes: 1 of 4; 2 of 4; 3 of 4, etc.
- Hotel staff will receive items beginning Thursday, October 10, 2019. No packages will be accepted prior to this date. (Per the Marriott, materials may not arrive prior to three days - 72 Hours - before event).
- All packages will be delivered to exhibit booths on Monday, October 14th starting at 6:00 a.m.
- All mail/package forms need to be completed by the guest. Indianapolis Marriott Downtown will not be responsible for completing any shipping/handling forms.
Label and ship to:
Name of Guest that is RECEIVING the package at the hotel (This is Mandatory)
Organization/Exhibitor shipping the materials
Conference Name: 2019 Assessment Institute
c/o Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
350 West Maryland Street
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Storage and delivery charges may apply. All incoming deliveries are assessed a package handling fee:
- $5/box under 20 lbs.
- $10/box or case over 20 lbs.
- $35/display box, poster, large tube or oversized box
- $35/display case
- $75/shrink-wrapped pallet (must be self-contained and properly sealed)
- $75/small wooden crate over 150 lbs.
- $150/crate over 500 lbs.
- Rates are subject to change.
- Exhibitors may temporarily store valuable equipment (e.g. if an exhibitor needs to take a short break away from the table) with the Office of Planning and Institutional Improvement staff on site.
- Overnight locked storage is available for Monday evening. Items may be placed in storage before 6:00 p.m. on Monday, October 14, 2019, and retrieved Tuesday morning beginning at 7:00 a.m.
Responsibilities and Liabilities:
- Exhibitors are responsible for insuring the safety of their personal and exhibit materials from theft, damage, accident, fire, or other such causes. Exhibitors who wish to carry insurance must do so at their own expense. The Exhibitor understands that neither the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown nor Indiana University maintains insurance covering the Exhibitor’s property, and it is the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor to obtain such insurance.
- The Exhibitor agrees to accept full responsibility for compliance with local, city, and state fire, safety, and health ordinances regarding the installation and operation of equipment. This includes use of safety guards and devices where necessary to prevent personal injury to spectators. Only fireproof materials should be used in displays.
- Exhibitors agree to not post, nail, tape, or otherwise attach items to walls, floors, or other parts of the building or furniture. Exhibitors are responsible for damages to the hotel if they do not comply with this request.
- All necessary fire precautions will be the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Exhibitor agrees to make no claim against Indiana University or the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown for loss, theft, damage, or destruction of goods, or for any injury to the exhibitor or employees. No claim will be made for any damage of any nature or character, including damage by reason of failure to provide space for the exhibit, or for removal of the exhibit, or for failure to hold the Institute as scheduled.
- Exhibitor assumes responsibility and agrees to indemnify and defend Indiana University and the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown and their respective employees and agents against any claims, damages, or expenses arising out of Exhibitor’s use of the exhibition premises.
- Requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing by September 16, 2019 to receive a refund minus a $100 processing fee.
- Email cancellation requests to: Melissa Kocias, Institute Registrar at email@example.com.
- Refund requests will not be accepted after September 16, 2019.